Rosemary Wood Fishery
Getting there: Riding Lane, Haskayne, Lancashire L39 7JD
- Tel: Phil Dewhurst on 07957434325 or Pete Dewhurst on 07957434324.
- Email: email@example.com
- The fishery itself is regarded as a 'runs' water, a water where you are more or less guaranteed to catch. There are two lakes on offer: Moss Lake, which is around five 5 acres with approximately 50 pegs and the Island Pool which is around 3 acres and 41 pegs. Both lakes offer a mixed bag of fish, but the larger carp tend to come out of Moss Lake.
- When matches used to be held at the venue it was common for most anglers to bag over 100lb. Recent reports include: Common Carp upto 19lb, Mirror Carp upto 22lb, 'Ghosties' and Ornamentals upto 16lb, Bream, Chub & Tench upto 5lb as-well-as the odd 2lb+ Roach. As I'm sure you can imagine it's a match anglers dream to have such specimen fish on offer to get their weight up.
- In recent years the fishery has focused more on the carp side of fishing and swayed away from the matches, starting to allow night fishing (prior reservation is required with Pete or Phil- see the contact info at the top). There are not many fisheries in Merseyside were you can catch a double every five minutes. The lakes are very well stocked with carp between 6-12lb. If you want to fish somewhere where you are pretty much guaranteed to catch a decent size carp then give Rosemary Woods a try.
- Keep tactics simple at this venue- it is very easy to overcomplicate things. Simple match tactics work best, feed little and often, focusing on one spot.
- Most baits do well here, especially match baits; pellets, corn & maggots- boilies work well, try sizing them down- give 10-12mms a go. Remember most of the bigger carp come out on simple pellet baits when they are cleaning up on the leftovers at dusk when most anglers are packing up tp go home.
- Open 7:00am, (7.30am Sundays) to sunset
- Day tickets are available on the bank- Night fishing must be booked
- Barbless hooks only – maximum size 8
- Nets must be dipped
- Keep nets in matches only
- Maximum 1Kg of groundbait per session
- No fixed rigs
- No floating baits
- No braided line including hook lengths
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- No alcohol
- No dogs